Letters of Interest for Open-End Agreements
UNCG is accepting proposals for design, bidding, and construction administration services in support of university MINOR renovation and construction projects (i.e. less than $500,000). The Open-End Agreements, (OEA), is an Annual Service Agreement and will be applied on an as-needed basis by the university. Details on the required services will be provided in individual work orders as an individual and specific project is identified. The exacting requirements for that effort will be defined within a statement of work to be issued by FD&C.
The regulations, policies and procedures in the State Construction Manual apply to the construction, renovation or alteration of all physical properties owned by the State of North Carolina and shall apply to work executed under the terms and conditions of this OEA.
The OEA shall be an Annual Service Agreement awarded with base services and will include one (1) Option Period. The period of performance for base services shall be 365 calendar days from the date of contract award. The duration of the total period of performance shall not exceed two (2) calendar years.
Base Period: February 14, 2019 through February 14, 2020
Option Period: February 14, 2020 through February 14, 2021
UNCG is soliciting proposals from Consultants duly qualified professionals in the following disciplines:
- Asbestos Abatement (Design and Testing Services);
- Asbestos Abatement (Removal);
- Civil Engineering;
- Construction Photography;
- Construction Cost Estimating Services;
- Electrical Engineering;
- Facility Condition Assessments;
- Interior Design and Move Coordination Services;
- Landscape Design;
- Materials Testing/ Geotechnical Engineering;
- Mechanical Engineering;
- Project Scheduling Services;
- Roofing Waterproofing and Building Envelope;
- Structural Engineering;
- Surveying and Utility Location Services;
- Vertical Transportation System Design;
Basis of Award:
In considering Consultants or Designers for each discipline, the Selection Committee shall take into consideration the selection criteria, (1 ~ 9), as defined by 01 NCAC 30D .0303 SELECTING CRITERIA. All criteria are of equal weight and are in descending order of importance. Criteria Importance is more significant than Criteria Weight.
- Specialized or appropriate expertise in the type of project.
- Past performance on similar projects.
- Adequate staff and proposed design or consultant team for the project.
- Current workload and State projects awarded.
- Proposed design approach for the project including design team and consultants.
- Recent experience with project costs and schedules.
- Construction administration capabilities.
- Proximity to and familiarity with the area where project is located.
- Record of successfully completed projects without major legal or technical problems.
- Other factors that may be appropriate for the project.
This will be a direct selection based upon the proposal and Letter of Interest and interviews will not be conducted. However, if it is determined that a proposal package needs further clarification, then discussions may be held with an Offeror to clarify their submission.
The university may reject any or all proposals and may waive informalities or irregularities in proposals received.
Responses shall include two (2) hard copy and one (1) electronic (PDF) version of each proposal. Hard copies shall not exceed twelve (12) sheets of 8½” x 11” paper, double sided, bound, (excluding tabs, Information Sheet and SF 330), and shall be presented in the following format:
- Tab 1: Completed Information Sheet
Please include the primary contact person’s name and email address which will be used by the University for all future communications.
- Tab 2: Letter of Interest (Cover Letter)
- Tab 3: Relevant Project Experience
Up to five (5) relevant projects which demonstrate the expertise of the proposed staff and their experience and qualifications in the selected discipline.
- Tab 4: Current SF 330
Letters of Interest
Hard copy and electronic proposals must be received by not later than 4:00 p.m. on December 3, 2018.
Consultants or Designers shall submit a separate Letter of Interest for each defined discipline if consideration is sought in more than one discipline.
Failure to follow the directions in detail or contacting anyone other than the list contact may result in non-responsive proposal.
The proposal will be reviewed for firms’ qualifications. As a reminder, the SF-330 is an attachment to the proposal, not a substitution for the proposal.
The University is not accepting meet and greets from firms until selection process is complete.
Submit Letters of Interest to:
Lenny Caudill, Assistant Director Non-Capital Projects
UNCG Facilities Design and Construction
Gray Home Management House
105 Gray Drive
Greensboro, NC 27412